Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome 2017!

Welcome 2017!

Happy New Year Everyone,

Did you make your New Year Resolution yet? Are you worried about keeping it or did you just decided not to make any? Well, if keeping your New Year’s Resolution is a concern, it’s just a mindset change away.

I am one of those people that do not make New Year Resolutions.  Why, you might ask? Well, for me I make resolutions all through the year. For one, my resolution was to start writing my blog and make my first post on January 1, 2017. I made that resolution back in September. I created a plan where I had to write at least 4 times a week and I monitored my progress weekly. This was the start of my blog becoming a reality.

Now, some people call them resolutions but I just say it’s goal setting.

Your New Year can start anytime you want it to by just setting goals. You do not have to wait until January 1st. Goal setting is easy but accomplishing them can be very challenging, if you are not focused. So, here are some tips on how to make your New Year's  Resolutions a reality.  Now, this approach might not work for all, but it works for me.

Steps to Making Your New Year's Resolution a Reality

First, establish what your goal is and create a timeline.

Secondly, create a plan. Use a calendar and plan out what you will do daily to help you get closer to your goal.

Then, execute you plan and keep track of your progress by crossing out the things on your calendar you completed that day that was associated with your goal.

Hold yourself accountable by reviewing your calendar weekly to make sure you are consistent with your plan.  If your plan is not working for you because you were too ambitious, revise your plan.

Finally, when you reach the deadline for your goal, assess if you met your goal, if not continue until you do.

This is what helped me accomplish my goal of posting my Blog. Maybe, it will help you too.

Helpful Tips: I keep my action board beside my bed so I review it daily.
(Calendar, inspirational quotes, reminders, goals, focus of the month)



Now, you do not have to make it fancy. It does not have to be extra neat as you can see. It is a working document like you are a work of Art. Get started today, just decide.




 

What is your goal for 2017? What steps are you going to take to make that goal a reality? Let me know, comment below. 





3 comments: