Monday, April 10, 2017

Dealing with Disappointment


In life there will be disappointments but the way you deal with them will determine your altitude. In my career, some would say, I have been in a season of disappointment. I call it a season of development. Currently at my job, I am in a leadership position but I wanted to transition to another area to develop additional skills.  At first, I was apprehensive about leaving because it was comfortable. I have strong connections that took years to develop. Also, I have a commitment to the community and I really love the kids and families.  Even though, I really love what I do, where I work, and the people I work with there comes a time when you need a change. Now, I always talk about taking action, so I did. In the past year, I applied for three positions that would have taken my skills to the next level but all of them ended in disappointment.

The first position I applied for I took the assessment, passed, and was put on the list. My position changed twice on the list each time higher than the place before. Then I received an email to go through the whole process again, so I did, but it still did not workout. I then interviewed for the second position and they offered me the job. I was so happy but I could not accept it because the salary was way to low. At that moment, I felt a sense of disbelief. Then I thought of the prayer I always say. I always ask God to open the doors that are meant for me and to close those doors that are not.  Even though I was disappointed, I still kept the faith and tried for this leadership intern program and I felt like this one was really the one. I had applied for this program last year and did not get pass the first round but this time, I made it to the last stage. I just knew this was the program for me but I was wrong again. Another door close, another disappointment, so what’s next, I said to myself.

That day when I received the bad news that I did not get into the program, you know what I did. I called my mom for my peep talk and it worked a little bit. My brother gave me words of encouragement and that helped a little more, but I still was disappointed. Then something happened, I came across a lady at Target who asked to pray for me and she let me know that God knows the desires of my heart and to be patient.

Then it hit me….

Continue to treats things that belong to others like it’s your own

You talent will make room for you

You want to walk in the Perfect will of GOD

What God has for me it is for ME

He has something better for you

Never Give Up

Try, Try, Try Again

Preparation is the key

Good Better, Best, never let it rest, until your better becomes your BEST

Be thankful


#InspireU
#DrWilson



8 comments:

  1. Chicka, I do not know what Tuesday, April 18 will bring but with your words of wisdom I am going in their with all my blessings and gifts from GOD and I know HE will lead me down the right path with the right words, attitude, and heart. Thanks because the fear of the unknown is gone. I love you Chicka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got this...you are prepared and you know your stuff.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your drive and strength, god has something so special for you in do time, he's not done with you this is just test in preparation for what's to come. I love you and I thank god for u each and every day thaws past 8 years together have been so inspirational to me and I adore you from our book reading to your wise advice and all our after school girl talks. Your destiny is not gonna stop here and I support you every step of the way������������������✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. MAGNIFICENT, you are truly magnificent.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Awesome inspiration Dr Sheena. Thank you.
    Sincerely, LeBaron K Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr.Wison that was a word. You inspire me to be a better me. There are a lot of days I feel as if I am all alone. My mind runs all over the place trying to be a better me.
    In recent times my life has completely changed from what I knew as normal... I myself have been experiencing a lot of disappointment lately.
    Thank you for your encouragement.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The disappointments are a setup for the future victory. Right, now God is preparing his precious stone. He might be allowing a lot a pressure but at the end you will be a flawless pearl. Love you too, continue to walk in your blessing.

      Delete